Saturday, December 10, 2005

Strange Days

It’s not a normal Saturday that I am up at 7:45 am. It’s not a normal day period when, at 7:45 am, I’ve already been up for almost 4 hours. (As a side note, I am now typing my posts out in Microsoft Word because someone noticed the spelling and grammar mistakes in the previous posts, and I wouldn’t want to ruin anyone’s reading experience due to my poor spelling and grammar).

What I have done today (in detail):
1. 4:00 am – got up
2. made coffee
3. 4:40 am – leave apartment with Erica
4. 4:45 am – pick up Denise, wash off lights with leftover snow (all dirty because of melting snow and wet roads)
5. 4:55 am – pick up Carolyn, drive to Airport
6. 5:30 am – drop off girls at Airport, hug them, wish I was going with them to California!
7. 5:35 am – drove away, sort of sad, sort of excited
8. 6:00 am – arrived back at apartment, not super tired, so I separated “clean” and “dirty” clothes for laundry later (bank doesn’t open till 10, and I need loonies and quarters, so I have to go get some before I can do laundry)
9. I also emptied all the garbage cans in my apartment
10. I also opened the sliding door, turned on the Christmas lights (outside and on tree) and aired my apartment out. For some reason it felt like it was 30 degrees in here.
11. Cleaned off my desk
12. Organized the stuff I have to study for finals next week.
13. Printed off notes from last midterm for my Ed. Psych class (I’ve been pretty much the opposite of a keener in that class – I figure the prof is lucky I attend. ha ha)
14. Realize that I’m out of black ink again. I might as well just stock up, I don’t know why it always disappears so fast… make a note to buy some later when I go to the bank.
15. Decide that I’m not quite tired enough to nap, so I write in this blog, and listen to the Varsity Blues soundtrack. (I love soundtracks, and this one is a classic).

So, as you can tee, I’m extremely efficient when I want to be. It’s really quiet around here, but it’s Saturday morning too, so I’m not sad yet. Now I have to separate darks and lights, and make a list of “stuff to buy” for Sunday School tomorrow. I’m teaching my own class, but also sub-ing for Carolyn in the other service, and its “celebration Sunday” meaning that I have to plan fun stuff for both classes to do. I’m thinking timbits, (coffee for me), maybe some Yahtzee and UNO (UNO does involve cards, so that could be a problem in a Baptist church.) Maybe I’ll find a website with some fun “icebreaker” games. I should get candy canes too, and a present for the girl who memorized the most verses this fall. So much to do!

In other news, and more generally, life has been pretty good lately. Classes ended, I have 4 finals this week, none that I am ready for yet, but that’s why it’s good that it is quiet around here. I’m pretty stoked for Friday, when I drive home! (Of course, its supposed to snow the whole way). I’m going home for over 3 weeks, which is almost a month! That means that I have to pack with this in mind. I have major issues with “over packing.” I am not a “one small suitcase and my carry on is a purse” sort of girl. I know girls like this, and I don’t know who I got this problem from, but its just something I must endure. I’m to the point where I figure, why fight it?

Ok, I’m starting to fade. I’m going to go have a nap before the sun comes up and the stores start opening. Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a side note, I am now typing my posts out in Microsoft Word because someone noticed the spelling and grammar mistakes in the previous posts...
...
So, as you can tee, I’m extremely efficient...

Isn't it ironic?

Hannah said...

Yes it is. You can't count on technology for anything. I could go back and fix it and then be like, "What? I don't know what you're talking about!" But I won't. I'm leaving it. HA.