Saturday, December 03, 2005

Go Party Girl

So, I was at a real live party tonight. I do a lot of low-key "hanging with the girls" partying, but this one was a real live dance-till-1:30 to a stereo that is way to loud type of party. And it was really fun. I haven't partied where there was no movies or television watching occuring in a very long time, and this semester I REALLY haven't, so I was naturally a bit skeptical. Would I have fun? I literally knew NO ONE except Rosie, and I went purely for her benefit, because she knew only one person too. So, for the first while it was a bit quiet, people talking, but not to us, or if it was to us then it was pretty sporadic. Then we started dancing a bit, and then we found a super-fun song, which will remain anonymous, and then everyone was dancing, and then who cares who you know? FUN TIMES. In any case, I was going to stay home and study tonight, but I'm glad I did this instead. It's not everyday that you get to go to a strangers birthday. Happy Birthday Tim!

Now tomorrow I can really buckle down and study hard. I'm looking forward to it in an end-of-the-year-is-finally-near sort of way. 14 days from now I will be sleeping in my bed at my parents, and it will be Christmas break. Dad will wake me up on December 17th with a coffee, and I will go upstairs, and sit and eat breakfast and chat with mom and dad, and I will be so happy. Tomorrow will be my first day studying for a final exam, and so its like the beginning of the end. When I come back to school on the 9th, it will be the beginning of my LAST semester. After 6 years, its going to feel GREAT. Beyond belief. Its sort of a surreal thought. When I graduate, I will have been a student for 19 years, and Lord willing I'll go back to school a teacher in the fall.

Its 2:00 a.m. I feel like such a teenager! I stay up late so rarely that it seems strange. My roommates are asleep, but I'm not even that tired. Maybe I'll go see whats on tv... one thing thats great about dancing is its really good exercize. I weighed myself when I got home, and I weighed like 5 pounds LESS than this morning. Its supposed to be the opposite. I'm also parched, so my genius scientific mind is telling me that any weight I lost was not fat, but actually water. I'm so smart. SMRT.

I'm going to go fill up my glass of water and go to bed I think. My theory is that I'm actually a lot more tired than I currently feel, and that it won't take me long to fall asleep in reality.

Good night all!

-Party Girl...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was fun, wasn't it!

Anonymous said...

Well if it makes you feel any better for going to a stranger's birthday party it was mine too, so imagine you were celebrating that... like you should have been. :-p

I think I'm 1,000,008 now, or thereabouts. Glad you enabled comments, even though I always think comments and then forget to actually type them up.

Anonymous said...

Your Birthday is definitely what I was celebrating. (Ok, honestly, I forgot, but you do live across an ocean, and thats got to count for something.)

Happy Birthday though!

And Merry Christmas for that matter...

-H