Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Secret

You will all be happy to know the secret to making Gilmore Girls good again. You watch it WHILE doing something completely un-related. For instance: tonight, I folded and put away laundry WHILE watching Gilmore Girls. I was able to follow the story line, and only watched about half of the actual episode. It kept me as engaged as it possibly could, I enjoyed it, and my room is so much cleaner!

Guess what else I did tonight?! I talked to my sister about her date, that she's on right now, with a very nice Christian... who also happens to be the son of possibly the richest Christians in Grande Prairie. What can I say, she knows how to pick 'em! (Am I jealous, you might ask? Well, a bit, but I'm mostly just happy for her.)

I also did ALL kinds of laundry. Hallelujah for clean socks and towels (and other unmentionables... it was time... lets just put it that way). That laundry, as previously stated, is actually AWAY... in its proper home hanging in the closet or in a drawer where it should be. This is something relatively new and different for me. I have flashbacks to my childhood, but I'm not actually sure I remember the last time I put away laundry the DAY that it was washed and dried. hmmmm.

Wow, you might be thinking... this girl is PRODUCTIVE! Well, that's actually not even all I did! I also took all the garbage out! Even the pile of boxes like milk cartons and a pizza box that was BESIDE my garbage. I know! I must be crazy!

Well, after this much laborious work, I you'd think I'd deserve a break... well, think again. Between laundry loads I actually managed to BUILD A SHELF... yes, you heard right. I whole shelf. A little one, that is going to pretend to be a night stand for the rest of the foreseeable future, but its got 3 shelves inside, and even doors. (A bit over the top, I admit... apparently the hinges are called "European." I'm not sure why, but thats what the box said. I'll have to agree that they seemed very haut couture to me.)

In any case, I'm pretty proud of myself and my work tonight. I haven't done dishes... but I figure I should save SOMETHING for tomorrow.

I realize that I've used a lot of CAPITAL LETTERS in this post. I've accepted that I'm not actually talking to you all, so that is my way of putting inflection into this. So that you know I'm not monotonous. Even in my mind I am a GREAT public speaker.

Also, I need to get my mind off the fact that I don't have anyone to hang out with here. And the guy who I want to talk to is in the air flying right now I think. And my other friends are all set as away on msn. Whats with that? Oh, wait. So am I.

Alright... I dont' know what to do now. I've got about 45 minutes till House is on... yay for a new House! What the heck am I going to do to stay busy till then. If you say "do dishes" I'll hurt you. I hate dishes.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, to waste some time I was just reading through my old blogs (some which I should probably delete before they start haunting me), and I found one from May 31, 2005 that I liked. So, check back. I don't just like it because of Rosie's very nice comment (which I do like... haha) but because it is sort of me again. I think we go through cycles in life, and somehow I'm back there. Life being sort of a teeny bit complicated (not upside down like then) but me being happy and ok, and trusting in God. Because he's great. And he listens. Even when we don't think he is.

No comments: